Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

We left Thursday morning and headed to Montrose, CO to meet my parents. We wanted to head to the most beautiful areas in Colorado before heading out to Ohio. We toured the Ouray area soaking in as many mountain scenes as physically possible! This part of the world is about 30 minutes from where I grew up for 18 years. Yes, I was a very spoiled little girl but this is where I developed my true love for mountains and the Great Outdoors! The San Juan Mountain Range is spectacular and like nothing else. They are located right around Ouray, Ridgeway, Telluride, Silverton and Durango, Colorado... young mountains and very jagged with peaks that go on for miles! I don't think we'll find anything like this in Ohio but I've heard Ohio has it's own beauty!


Mt. Sneffles in the back ground. This is the trail head to Blue Lakes, a hike I did with my family has a young child. My mom loved this place and you can't help but understand how she felt when you are up there...absolutely stunning!Ouray, CO just before fireworks!
The BIG BOOM! The City of Ouray fires off dynamite that echos through the mountain canyon and sends chills up your spine to kick off the firework show!


The whole crew...Grandma J, Lucas, Mike, Grandpa J and Janelle

Here's our home for the weekend...you can see Sedrick getting in a nap before more excitement. We had a few rough nights. Lucas came down with an eye infection which spread to his sinuses and left ear. We had to make a trip to Urgent Care to get antibiotics on Saturday and he's still recovering. What a trooper for sure. His eyes would be sealed shut in the morning and his cough bugged him at night. Overall, he was in high spirits but he looked drugged the whole time with red, blood-shot eyes.

One night he was really sad and crying and repeated, "I want to be happy...I want to be happy"....then he paused and grabbed my hand. He said, "Mommy, what is my hand doing?" When I felt his hand he was saying "I love you!" in sign language...my heart melted. I said, "Your hand is saying I love you!" He said, "Yes, it is...I love you Mommy!" Then it was back to "I want to be happy!" How sweet is that and one of those moments you want to save forever!

Grandma relaxing under the new cabana!
Grandpa showing Lucas fun things in the camp box...matches and other fun dangerous stuff!
S'mores Time with Daddy!
Okay, maybe S'mores for Mommy and Daddy but Lucas wasn't waiting for that...
Sticky Goodness! He was not going to let his sickness get in the way of roasting marshmallows....that's my boy!

Boating! This was a highlight for sure. Lucas watch Grandpa's ever move very intently not to miss anything. He also learned all about the wake and even got to help drive too!


The San Juans! What a lovely sight...one that I will miss for sure!
Happy to be home!

Oops..."Mommy, I got too much BBQ Sauce!"You think?!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wish I could have spent the 4th there! It's my favorite place, ever and I can't wait to go back. I love that first photo of you and Lucas!

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!