Saturday, January 12, 2008

Exclamation Points!!!!

I would have never guessed that my two year old would fall completely in love with a silly symbol on the keyboard! Yep, Lucas discovered the Exclamation Point about a week ago and has been infatuated with them ever since. We showed him how to type them on the computer by pushing down the shift key. We then tried to explain to him what they are after him asking a million times, "What's that mommy?...What's that daddy?...What's this?" We told him it made words very exciting and sounded like "YEAH!" Now, everytime he sees one he shouts out "YEAH! That's an exclamation point!" It has definitely changed the way we read books now. He could careless about plot or storyline; now it's just a treasure hunt for exclamation points! Last night, I decided to give him a gift. I printed a big exclamation point on a piece of paper for him. He loved it, took it to bed and woke me up at 5:45am this morning to tell me all about how a line and a dot make an exclamation point. We even had to take it hiking with us today in the backpack. It truly is the simple things in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some exciting news...I'm starting my own business here at home and am very excited to share with all my friends and family. I have a lot to learn but I found a company I can really stand behind. I will have a whole blog post explaining everything and will provide the link to my new web site. More to come very soon!

No comments:

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!