Today, I realized that at the rate I'm going, I will continue to stay a month behind forever. So, I'm getting back on the horse and posting more photos to get caught up. I have to admit, it's not fun to post things that happened a month ago. However, I will be happy looking back that it was all included.
Axel is nine months old now and quite a handful. He LOVES his Mama and makes it hard for her do get things done. Lucas on the other hand has been extremely helpful but really into activity books and crafts. This is wonderful but requires a lot of Mommy help. Tired of excuses? Life. Life has been busy and I'm glad it has been. I love our crazy schedule and all the fun things we do as a family. It is nice to relax and that's what I've been doing this week. Catching up at home and relaxing...not blogging. :)
Here's my Ten on Thursday...Enjoy!
1. Halloween at Preschool. Oh what a day and Lucas could hardly contain himself. We had to modify his costume a little to make it potty friendly and it worked perfectly. Look how scary he is...Axel wasn't too sure of Mrs. Crum's witch costume or maybe it was her eye lashes?
The whole class sang Halloween songs for about 15 minutes. They were adorable and Lucas was in Heaven. He is such a performer.I loved watching! Axel was a little freaked out by some of the "BOOs" but survived the whole thing.
2. The Old Oak Tree finally dropped her leaves and provided tons of fun for one big boy...
and COMPLETE TRAUMA for one smaller boy. Axel wanted nothing to do with the leaves or with Mommy leaving him on the blanket to rake and play with Lucas. He sobbed and sobbed. Later, he rode in the backpack while we bagged them up.
When Uncle Mark arrived, he took playing in the leaves a whole new step. We have some videos and Lucas LOVED it...and didn't get hurt either.
3. Arts & Crafts Kid. Lucas loves to cut and glue and make fun crafts. We do it almost everyday. Some days, he is happy to work alone and others it's a full on family project. It comes from finding a Halloween craft book at the local library. We've since returned that book but stocked up on Thanksgiving & Christmas craft books. I just might go crazy! :)
4. Halloween Party. We were invited to a Halloween Party but Lucas was in no mood for the camera. I gave up trying and got home to find out I didn't really capture the feel of the party which was AWESOME!!! I did get the pumpkin race photo but not the arts and crafts, candy tables, food spread or the host or her family...Thank You Charmagne. We did have a wonderful time!!!
5. Trick-or-Treating with Yoda & Darth Vader. Darth Vader had trouble seeing out of his scary mask but this didn't stop him. He went out with Daddy & Axel for the first round then Daddy headed to the airport to get the Bechtel Family. Then, he went out with Mommy & Axel. By the last house, he couldn't carry his bucket because it was too full!
6. New Cabin. Yes, we took the plunge and bought a beautiful little cabin in the Red River Gorge area. We travel there almost every weekend and were tired of the tent scene. Actually, we really got tired of camping in the rain. Funny thing, we bought a cabin and it hasn't rained for 3 weeks!
Look how cute it is...about 800 sq ft and you know what? Real Estate in Kentucky is pretty cheap after living in places like Colorado Springs.
It came all furnished which is perfect. 1 master bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 loft with 2 beds, 1 living area and a small "kitchen" area.
Is it really that bad Steve? :) You look like Lucas when he sees the camera too.
There's a smiley boy.
And what's this?! Lucas? Is that you?
And Mrs. Ellen...she always has a smile!
7. The Bechtels: Our dear friends from Lander, WY came out to stay with us for 9 days. We had so much fun with them and were so happy to have the cabin to offer them. We did lots of climbing, hiking and of course, eating...visiting...kid entertaining...sleeping! A wonderful trip!!
Mrs. Ellen & Mr. Blue Eyes Sam
Axel exploring outdoor fun like roots.
8. As you can see, Fall is about over and only a few leaves are hanging in there. Lucas still LOVES to swing and the Red River Gorge is a perfect location for BIG SWINGS. Here we are at a cliff called the Motherload.
You can barely see him.
9. Our little climber. What you don't see here is the total meltdown after about 4 feet and the words, "IT'S TOOOO HARD!" or "IT'S VEEERRRRRYYY HARD!" It was a short climbing day.
This day went much better and he made it all the way to the top with smiles and everything.10. Nine month old Axel...a charmer for sure! We have two top teeth to join the two bottom teeth, loves to walk around pushing his Fire Truck, likes to talk "DaDaDa, BaBaBa, MaMaMa, GaGaGa", loves food (apple sauce & pears being his favorites), growing some hair, total Mama's Boy, takes short naps, still has lots of fat rolls...fat knee caps are my favorite, loves discovering new objects, does great in the car and actually takes long naps (3 hrs) in the car, likes motor boat, likes to eat ladybugs (yes, we ate one just yesterday), has no problem screaming when he wants something...
I think I'm all caught up! Hooray~!