Friday, February 8, 2008

POTTY DANCE!

I am just soooo proud of Lucas...today was a big day for potty training. I took Lucas to the store today to pick out some Big Boy Undies (thanks for the tip Jodie) and he found some Sponge Bob ones he thought were just perfect. He wore his undies ALL day and used the potty ALL day long. He even made it through nap time without an accident!! Every time we use the potty we get to do the POTTY DANCE...we run down the hallway and into the kitchen jumping and spinning around singing our new POTTY DANCE song which goes something like this..."Lucas is a big, big boy...he used his potty...oooo what a big, big boy...potty, potty, potty" clap, clap, clap, spin around 1-2-3 and then he gets a mini marshmallow! His teeth might rot out but he'll be potty trained in no time. That boy loves marshmallows (just like his mommy). Because day one went well so we will continue tomorrow. :)

We've had a pretty exciting week. Last weekend the weather was no fun again but we headed to Boulder and went to a rock climbing gym with friends. It was a friendly kid place too and Lucas had a ball. He ran around and got to go swinging on a giant rope. He wasn't into climbing but spinning around in circles with his little helmet on kept him occupied and very dizzy! We then made a quick trip to visit "Ganma & Gampa Jakulewicz" and had dinner with them. Lucas was not prepared and very upset when we told him we were leaving and not spending the night. He cried and cried...we even had Oreo cookies to help distract him. I gave him a cookie when we got in the car and he cried and cried. I asked him if he wanted to eat his cookie and his response was, "I'm too sad, I want Ganma & Gampa!" Then he took a bite of the cookie and said, "Mmmm, I like this cookie, we can get more cookies next time we go to Ganma & Gampa's house." He was fine the rest of the ride home but about 20 miles from our house he told us "I'm all done driving!" I love hearing his thoughts and new sentences.

My cousin Kelsey was able to stop by on Wednesday after we hosted play group. I hadn't seen Kelsey for 5 years (she was 14 the last time I saw her) and she'll all grown up. She was with a friend, Morgan, and the were off to California (moving from Minnesota) so they are ready for some adventures in acting and singing. We loved visiting and catching up with her. Lucas was in heaven, he made pretend blender drinks for them, sang songs, showed off all his favorite appliances and flirted as much as possible! It was so fun to watch and he was instantly comfortable around both of them.

We were able to sneak out to the park a couple times and run and run and run. It was cold and windy so we bundled up. Both Lucas and I were just soooo excited to be outside. We had the park to ourselves too! Lucas loves playing kick ball and will run himself tired kicking and chasing the ball. He also makes sure to dedicate time looking for sprinklers after telling me, " I'm tired Mommy, it's too hard." (referring to kick ball)

Tonight, Lucas spent exactly 1 1/2 hours standing on a stool in the kitchen playing with coffee grounds! He poured coffee ground from bowl, to cup, to bowl, to coffee grinder and back and forth. He made one big mess but it was so fun to watch him the mess didn't even matter. Mike and I are not coffee drinkers. Sometimes I'll have a little here and there but now that I know Lucas loves the coffee maker I try to go out of my way to show him how it works. We bought some coffee beans at the store a few days ago, grinded them up at home and made coffee. It was such a treat for Lucas to watch the process and tell me everything he witnessed. Tonight just reinforced how important little things are to him. An hour and a half!! Who would have known a 2 1/2 year old would be infatuated with coffee grounds for that long! He kept telling me how stinky and yucky coffee was but that didn't deter him at all.

Okay, I better go. We have a big weekend ahead and it's getting late. I'll try posting photos again. Have a wonderful weekend!!
Love, Janelle Mike & Lucas

No comments:

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!