Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Horse Pens 40

Last weekend we decided to go venture out to discover new climbing in Alabama. We have heard for years that Horse Pens 40 was THEE place to boulder. However, we were never that into bouldering so it was no rush to get out there until now. Boy, I'll tell you, this is one of the coolest climbing places I've been. It's gorgeous. The climbing is super fun and now I know why everyone told us we should check this place out. It's cool even if you are not a climber. To top it off, the weather was awesome and the Fall colors spectacular!

I have no idea what these are but they looked like plastic, fake berries and were gorgeous.
I love the colors.
Exploring.
Cool corridors.
More amazing colors.
Playing nice together...for about 30 seconds. HA!
Saturday night was Boulderween. We had no idea until that day so we were not prepared in the costume department. However, we brought some cuteness to the party.A
Axel made best buddies with Frankenstein after discovering what Frankenstein had to offer.He was so proud of his goodie bag and even prouder that he figured out how to stuff it.
We had to show Daddy too.Lucas hid from the camera so I had to sneak in this one.
And this one! Check out his earrings he made all by himself.
We climbed again on Sunday and my camera battery started to flash. One of these days, I'll buy a back up to have with me at all times.
Daddy sent some V8 or V9 hard man boulder so he was thrilled.We will definitely be headed back to Horse Pens. It's only about a 4 1/2 hour drive which seems so short these days. :)

NOTE: My photos do not give this place justice. After our camera died, we did some more exploring. The boulders are endless and so unique and so fun to see. I think I could be a boulderer but don't tell Daddy. :)

No comments:

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!