Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Another Week Already?!

Wow, it's already Tuesday!

Another Ten on Tuesday, how fun. :)

1. I bought a purple plumb tree and planted her on the side of our driveway. It took me about 1 hour to dig the whole thanks to the little rocks scattered in the ground. Luckily, both boys decided to nap at the same time. Today, I found 50 cent perennials at some random nursery near Xenia, OH. I planted 18 of them and could probably fit another 18 but will hold off until next season.

2. We scored a bunch of Legos today on Craigslist. When I say scored, we have buckets of them! I figure, I just took care of birthdays and Christmas' for about 5 years. My next project is to sew a big bag for them. My mom made one when I was little that opened up and doubled as a Lego pile play area/storage bag. It was like a small parachute with a cord along the edge. When we were done playing with Legos, we pushed them all on the circle, pulled the cord and hung it up on a hook. Confused yet? Photos to follow completion of the bag. :)

3. Axel is a grabber. Yep, he has discovered both hands can grab anything within his reach or roll. It is so funny to see him do this while he's in the baby bjorn. His legs start pumping faster and faster and his arms start flailing. Axel's quick too, I have to really watch out with hot tea.

4. Lucas has started a new angle on trying to postpone going to bed.

LUCAS: "Mommy, I need hugs even when I'm in bed ALLLLLL night LONG....becasue I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. And, I ALWAYS need hugs...even at night....I just love you so so much...I love you always and forever."


Mean MOMMY: "Yes Lucas, I love you too and just because you love me so much doesn't mean you don't have to go to bed."

5. Found a super close Farmers Market in Fairborn and plan to check it tomorrow. I love summer fruits and veggies.

6. A little weekend treat is in store for us folk out here in Ohio...mid-70's! Is it really July?! I think we might have to head down to the Red River Gorge for a little cool summer time climbing.

7. Thursday marks one month until Lucas turns 4 years old. Thanks to my friend, Susie, Lucas will have a birthday countdown this year and those to follow. Check out hers here.

8. Last weekend, we were wild and crazy and STAYED HOME! It was wonderful. Saturday we did venture to the climbing gym but Sunday, we didn't leave the house. What a rare treat!

9. Although not my full-time focus right now, I still have my Shaklee business and still love introducing it to those who are looking for "green" toxic free cleaners. For the next month, Shaklee is offering a Free membership ($19.95 value) with an order of 50PV or more. If you look at products on the website, you'll see three numbers: 1. SRP (Suggested Retail Price) 2. MN (Member Price - 15% discount all the time) 3. PV (Product Value) This will help you gauge what you need to reach 50PV. Check out my favorite product here .

10. We had Book Club last night and had the most delicious cake. I would highly recommend this one. Even though it is called a cappuccino torte, there is no coffee in it and it's oh-so delicious!

FUDGY ORANGE CAPPUCCINO TORTE

(Ready in 3 hours, 45 minutes)

Brownie

1 (1 lb 3.5 oz.) pkg fudge brownie mix

½ cup oil

¼ cup water

¼ cup orange flavoured liqueur or orange juice

2 eggs

1 teaspoon grated orange peel

4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chunks

Filling

1 can sweetened condensed milk

7 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chunks

2 egg yolks, slightly beaten

2 tablespoons orange flavoured liqueur or orange juice

¾ cup finely chopped nuts

Topping

1 ½ cups whipping cream

¾ cup powdered sugar

1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

2 tablespoons orange flavoured liqueur or orange juice

1 teaspoon grated orange peel

1/8 teaspoon salt

Garnish (if desired)

Twisted orange slices, mini chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, orange zest, orange leaves, etc.

  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bottom only of 9 or 10 inch springform pan. In a large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients except 4 oz. chocolate; beat 50 strokes with spoon. Stir in chocolate. Spread in prepared pan.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool on wire rack for 1 ½ hours or until completely cooled.
  3. In a medium saucepan, combine condensed milk and 7 oz. chocolate. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat. Stir 2 tablespoons hot mixture into egg yolks. Gradually stir yolk mixture into hot mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons orange liqueur/juice and nuts. Refrigerate just until cool, about 25 minutes.
  4. Spread cooled filling mixture over top of cooled brownie. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until filling is set.
  5. To serve, run knife around sides of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Place brownie on serving plate. In a large bowl, combine all topping ingredients; beat at low speed until blended. Beat at high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon topping mixture evenly over chilled filling. Garnish if desired. Store in refrigerator.

1 comment:

Susie said...

OOH that torte was ohmygoodness delicious. Looking forward to being crafty with you :)
S

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!