Ten on Wednesday. (It doesn't have the same ring but I hope you still enjoy!)
1. Here are those grabbers in action. Axel was so excited to check out the newspaper ads. So crinkly and tasty!
2. We did go to the RRG last weekend and had a WONDERFUL time climbing. The weather was unbelievably cool and being back outside on real rock was so fun. Mommy's even getting used to the steep climbing style. Watch out Daddy...you might be belaying Mommy more often in the days to come. :)
Here Mike is telling Axel all about eating and using your "chompers" to crunch yummy food. Axel had on his "listening ears."
Lucas even helped in the demonstration. Pita chips and hummus is our new climbing snack...all the time snack! I need to start making it at home. Any good recipes out there?
We take over at the crag. Just look at all the stuff and this is pretty mild because it is early in the day. We are all excited for Fall climbing after this Fall-like weekend.
3. Dirt King is Back! Without a mirror, Lucas has no idea just how nasty his face is. I showed him a photo on the camera and he thought it was cool to make dirty, scary faces. Kind of gross but what fun and boys will be boys!
4. We've been going to John Bryan State Park to ride bikes and hike. The other evening we had a little friend come over looking for a handout. Sorry little guy, no pita chips for you but thanks for the photos.
5. Yesterday, it was back to the climbing gym. Axel took a little nap so we all were able to get in a little climbing. After nap, he was after his favorite water bottle. Determined to do something?! He's so funny when he wants something so bad and once he gets it, he has no idea what to do with it.
6. Lucas has really been into guitars (Uncle Mark should be proud). All he wants for his birthday this year is a guitar and a microphone stand. His birthday is still 26 days away so we made a homemade one yesterday. I'm pretty proud of my sweet design. :)
Notice Lucas in the photo? My new trick is to tell him I don't want to take a photo of him. HA! Got him!
I caught him here just before he covered his face. I'm getting pretty good if I don't say so myself.
7. After learning all about eating with Daddy and Lucas, it was Axel's turn to try. The bib was a HUGE distraction so we tried a little rice cereal without it. He loved it and did great with the spoon.
He took over the spoon in a hurry and wouldn't let it go. So fun and so messy. I guess it's time for the high chair.
8. I get to start a new book for book club called: The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. Axel is trying to eat it and just face planted on top of it...oops...this sitting up stuff is hard work.
9. Please take a moment to say a prayer or send positive thoughts for Ally. You can see her story here. She lives in Dayton and this strong little girl will touch your heart. Janel, her Mom, updates their blog daily. Here's a little about Ally's story:
"Our daughter has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, otherwise known as ALL. This blog exists to keep our friends and family informed throughout Ally's journey. She will beat it and come out on the other side as a survivor." -Janel
10. Rain, rain, rain and more rain. It's been a wonderful rainy day today. The high is 69 and the rain has been coming down all day. I have the windows open and absolutely love the fresh air and smell of rain we've been needing. What a marvelous July day!