Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Baby Shower Cookies

Our neighbor...worlds best neighbor....Heather, is pregnant and due to have a baby girl at the beginning of the new year. We are super, super excited for her and her husband, Hugh. A while back, she asked if I could make some of my awesome-not-so-famous-yet sugar cookies for her babyshower. I was thrilled that she asked and even happier when she picked out this cute ones.
Photo from Suz Daily Blog. :)
 
 
Lucky for me, she picked out cookies from a Google search and landed on a website called:
 
This lady is good!! She provided a step-by-step process on how to replicate these adorable baby faces. I take no credit for the creative aspect these cookies carry. I'm a total copycat and thanks to "Suz Daily" I was able to make 50 cookies for Heather. Just for good measure, I do use my own cookie dough recipe that has been modified from a wonderful family recipe...thank you Karen!
 
Suz Daily...THANK YOU! All your tips, lists, photos, do's and don'ts were WONDERFUL!!!
 
I made, cut out and baked all the cookies a week ahead and froze them. This really helped cut down on the craziness in the kitchen. Mid week, I practiced on two of them. This helped iron out what worked for decorating and storage and what didn't.
Practice!
 
With a little confidence under my belt, I tackled the bunch. 

Just a few cookies...


Day 1 decorating ended like this.


Day 2 include cheeks and smiles.


Day 3 was perfect for final touches.

INSERT HEATHERS SHOWER PHOTOS HERE. :)
I was able to do all these cookies while these two mystery men were either sleeping or at school.
 
 If you need some cookies, you know who to call! :) Then, I'll contact Suz Daily and beg for more tips!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Yay!! I'm so excited for Heather! Great job on the cookies!

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!