Thursday, June 12, 2008

More Wind!

Lucas and I ventured out in the wind yesterday for a little hike. We had big intentions of going to the top of Blodgett Peak but that quickly diminished when the gray clouds started to form. We were still able to get out for about an hour and look for poison ivy...this is Lucas' new infatuation while hiking because every time I see it, I go into great detail on how horrible it is. Details are gold these days to Lucas and fall right into the "Why?" train.
The hair-do is the wind! It's been miserable this week blowing and blowing all day long. Today we had about an hour of peacefulness in the morning and then it was 30-40 mph wind gusts all day!
The binoculars always come on the hike with us. If any of you have had the chance to check this out, you would know that it actually makes things look farther away than closer. This resulted in Lucas smacking into the wall at our house a few months back...he was a sad boy but has since embraced them again and decided that using them outside works better. Someday he'll be sooo amazed when he gets to use some that really work!
Mommy and Lucas...it was freezing! Who would of thought that June would be so cold? I think the low last night was 38 degrees! I'm not complaining, just not prepared for a cold hike.

Lucas, I sure am a lucky mom to get to spend so much time with you. I absolutely love our morning breakfasts and hikes together! Watching you explore the Great Outdoors and discover the new growth on trees, the butterflies and the beautiful views are all gifts from God. You are a wonderful boy and everyday you make me smile and laugh. Each day, I look at you in amazement and I can't believe how much joy you've brought to my life. I know your daddy feels the same way and misses his outside time with you. We will be taking a break from climbing for awhile but we cherish the time we've been able to spend as a family. We love playing Candy Land, building puzzles, reading books, cooking meals, getting wet with the slip-n-slide, watching the Bee Movie and making huge messes with bubbles! I know that it is a real treat for daddy to be able to spend so much time with you and before we know it, he'll be all healed up and ready to take you climbing again! WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Thanks for bringing so much happiness into our home! Love, Mommy & Daddy
Okay, back to the hike...here is our new 2008 Sherpani pack compliments of the company after losing our first one! I love this pack and feel like I could hike for hours. It's much more comfortable than the 2006 model. However, it doesn't prevent my legs from getting sore?!

Just another view...and this one if for my friend, Sara, who I'm sure thinks I'm nuts for hiking in Colorado. I have to admit, seeing this sign before heading out on the trail really makes me wonder what's out there watching us! I hike on really populated trails with guaranteed people and dogs which eases my mind. Hikes that have scared me in the past when Mike was along are not on my list of "to do's" anymore. We do miss daddy on these hikes for sure.
No thanks, I don't need to see one of these things in the wild! Sara, look at the cute little kitty!

No comments:

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!