Monday, October 20, 2008

Rocktober Fest Photos

Today was a great day!

First, I found my camera charger right there with all the other camera accessories. I knew it was in a safe place, just had to find that safe place.

Second, I finally found the box with the rest of my maternity clothes including my most favorite belly brace! It's like someone helping you carry around your belly which is the very best during hikes!

Third, it was just a beautiful day and we took a wonderful Fall hike at a local park. The leaves covered the ground and Lucas hiked...mostly ran at least 2.5 miles if not longer. It was all done in little sprints with Daddy while Mommy waddled behind. Okay, I'm not waddling yet but slower these days! We were impressed and have a tired boy this evening...so why won't he stop talking and actually go to sleep???? Who knows???

On to ROCKTOBER Photos!

Lucas and I picked up Daddy at work and were actually a little early. To burn some extra energy and time, Lucas would run all the way to the tree and pick up leaves for me. I was very successful at wearing him out and he sept almost the whole way to the Red River Gorge!

Taking a little break between runs.
Our home-away-from-home" for the three day weekend. The Rocktober Fest Crew included
Mike, James, Kristina, Amy, Tommy, Jake, Lucas & Janelle.
Lucas wanted nothing to do with the camera this weekend. You'll see the theme as you go through the photos...little stinker bug!
Our first, RRG snake! This one scared the crud out of me right when I walked up to the wall not expecting it. He turned out to be a pretty big snake, over a yard long and I guess a "black snake" which according to folks at the crag is a harmless one. We kept our distance!

Mommy getting ready for her turn to climb...only a few more weeks of climbing for me. Check out my cool prego-harness! It's wonderful and puts no pressure on your belly when lowering down...just like sitting in a chair.
Lucas getting all ready for his big swings and jumps too! He loves to help with the "carrot-biner!"
Can you see the dirt on this boys face?! Every weekend we all come home covered with this fine, dark, dirty dirt. As you can see, it loves hot chocolate faces!
Big swings with Daddy's help. (Sorry for the bad lighting and dark photo)
Pulling the rope, such a big helper at the crag!
Running away from the camera and the rope! We have him well trained! :)
Dinner and relaxing while we wait for the movies and bands to start.

Lucas found a soccer ball and played and played and played. He was the only one with energy after a long day of climbing. No photos please!
Watching movies with Kristina. Mom, no photos please!
HA! I got you!

Time for SMORES! Thanks to Tommy we had all the ingredients including a great fire!"I want to do it all by myself!"
Hooray, it's a rest day. We headed to breakfast before our hike to the Natural Bridge. Daddy signed up for a climbing clinic with his climbing hero Tommy Caldwell so no rest day for him! However, Jim was there so Lucas was very happy. Jim and Lucas have been buddies since the day they met! He is dating Kristina and boy is he wonderful with kids. Someday I think he'll have a bunch of his own running around.
Kristina and Amy stopping at my favorite spot along the hike. A Kentucky jungle of sorts.
Checking out a small rock cave with Jim.
We made it! If you look close in the photo you can see it. It was a short hike but a steep one, 1/2 mile up hill but definitely worth it.
Mommy and Lucas on the other side of the bridge by all the pretty trees. Yes, finally a photo of Lucas looking at the camera!
Narrow gap on the way to the top of the bridge.
Sitting on top of the bridge. We then had to head back to the car to go get Daddy. Lucas was not impressed that we had to leave all our friends behind and was sad the whole way down. About half way down he told me, "The only thing that makes me happy is chewing gum." " I love chewing gum!" "Going to the car makes me sad but chewing gum makes me happy."
Daddy and Tommy Caldwell chatting.
Tommy climbing...a rare top-ropping photo!
Checking out the cave at Torrent Falls. The tiki torches were a big hit with Lucas.
More hiking but this time with Daddy.
The colors changing! I LOVE FALL!
Chewing gum to the rescue for the ride home!
That about sums it up! We were all tuckered out after this weekend.

3 comments:

erin said...

So Awesome! Glad to see you guys have found your niche in the midwest!

Phil and Dana said...

Hey, congrats on finding your charger and your belly band! Glad you guys had such a great weekend. I still can't believe you do this while you're pregnant...you are amazing! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Janelle Anderson said...

Dayton ain't so bad! Erin, now I know why you liked it here so much. Great people and beautiful area.

Dana...go for the belly brace, it's wonderful!

Above Photo: Downtown Portland Oregon Bike Ride

The Danger Zone needed a little update to include not only LUCAS DANGER, but also his little brother...AXEL ADVENTURE!

Welcome to our family blog now known as:


DANGER and ADVENTURE Around Every Corner!!

Enjoy!!